Thursday, October 23, 2008

Up Close and Personal with Fire

While driving home from Burbank tonight on the 405 South, I drove into what looked like a fire storm from miles away. As I neared the Getty Center, I was surprised the road wasn't closed as the fire was burning literally just feet from the highway. The smoke lit the night sky in a mountainous, mushroom formation of an orange and purple haze much like a sunset. However it was 1 am. I felt fearful from the vast area of flames burning and the lingering heat.

I pray that these fires stop burning throughout California and hope people will take precautionary measures to prevent the occurrence of the damaging phenomenon. Please put out your cigarette butts before throwing them on the arid soil. And do a freakin rain dance while your at it. I'll join in.

No comments: