Friday, November 7, 2008

You fell down, scraped your knee, it scabbed. You're healed. 24 years old.

I was pleasantly surprised. I arrived home from work to find my favorite people awaiting my arrival at home for a birthday celebration. We ate chocolate cake (homemade, w/ Betty Crocker's assistance) with vanilla frosting and gelato for dinner! I also loved the karaoke rendition of "Sweet Caroline" sang as "Sweet Jessica."

Does it take really 24 years to develop such a great appreciation for life? Our mind is the control tower of our thoughts, actions, and behaviors throughout our lives. We take everything for what it is, for what it seems at the time but what is actually significant? When it comes down to it, what does it take to change our thought patterns, our opinions, our hypothesis?

Effect me. Challenge me. Say something and do something I haven't heard or seen before. What will stick and make an impact is what will bring wrinkles to my eyes when I smile. Or the tears I fight to hide when I'm doubtful or distressed. I am eager to succeed, I am cautious of the detours along the way, and my sixth sense has been working harder than ever. I've found amazing friends. Tonight they helped me to come to this realization. A random Thursday night, celebrating my birthday with close friends who care. Enjoying life. Enjoying friendship. Enjoying each other. Unforgiving of anything but the best.

No comments: